*Translated from my favourite song by Mayday - Contentment 《知足》
'How I can own a rainbow?',
'How I can embrace the whole summer of wind...?'
The stars above never stop laughing at human beings below,
wonder why they will never know how to be contented.
If I were in love with your smiling face,
how can I own it and keep it forever?
If your happiness does not come from me,
so is letting go actually the real means of owning you?
When Wind glides together with Kite in the sky,
Im so moved and pray for their love to be eternal
and that's all because of you.
Only when you finally slipped away from my life,
I started to realise that
to laugh in wailings is the most painful thing I could ever do.
Recalling the day when you and I sang so freely on that hill,
Songs and memories like that are so sufficient
Enough for me to sleep in loneliness,
and again I realised that to laugh in wailing is the most painful thing I could ever do.
If your happiness no longer comes from me,
I will hold my pain and learn to be happy in contentment.
4 comments:
ouch, stil painful though...
but hmm, sth to learn to lead a more meaningful life, life brief candle, shouldnt waste time holding on to things that dont even belong to u, but kinda easier said than done...
Yea it's really easier said than done. It's never easy to let go sth you are so obssessed with but doesnt even belongs to you.
Sometimes i reall hope making choices/decision in life could be simpler.
Wah..the song sounded so jiwang after u translated it huhu..
Sometimes btwn A and B, I wish I can choose C huhu..
Eh, Shiang Jin here, If you still remember who i am XD....
Anyway hows the book things going?
Post a Comment